Thursday, December 9, 2010

Poilane Butter Cookies

"K2T Wisata"
DES
As much as I like rich, sinful desserts and decadent chocolate, one of my favorite things are simple butter cookies. Poilane has one of the best butter cookies/sables I have ever had and if I were on a dessert or desert island and had to choose one dessert, they would be a definite contender. They are called punitions and ‘Punition’ is French for ‘punishment’. The name comes from a little game Pierre Poilâne’s grandmother used to play. She would call over her grandchildren seemingly to punish them and, instead, would open her palms to reveal a handful of butter cookies! The prettily scalloped edges on the bite size cookies, the crunch, and the buttery taste make me want to keep popping them in my mouth endlessly till I get a tummy ache. They come about 25 to a bag and sell for 6.10 euros at the Poilane shop or other outlets like gourmet shops, cheese shops, and grocery stores. The shop also sells them in a 125 gram white gift box, neatly packed in stacks. They also come in a star shape for the holidays. Beware: the shop offers a free sample basket and they don't seem to mind when I dig in and put as many in my hand as I possibly can. I do finger stretches before I go in there so I can grab even more.

Do you like my Martha Stewart-like food and prop styling I did in my apartment using my own dishes and backgrounds? Maybe Martha should hire me to be her Paris correspondant.

Poilane
8 rue du Cherche Midi, 6th arr.
Metro: St. Sulpice or Sevres-Babylone
Tel +33 (0) 1 45 48 42 59
http://www.poilane.fr  
DESDES
DESDES
DESDES
DES

No comments:

Post a Comment