Thursday, November 11, 2010

Olga de Amaral Sculptures

"K2T Wisata"
OLGA-1
My friend Lynn, of Lunch with Lynn fame, told me about a most fabulous exhibition at an Art Deco gallery next door to her on the Ile St. Louis. She was right on the money: the Olga de Amaral exhibit at Galerie Jean Jacques Dutko is exquisite. They are hanging sculptures made of threads of hand cut and dyed linen. I especially love the shimmery metallic ones. They change texture and color if you look at them from different angles.

Olga de Amaral, born in Bogota, Columbia, has had worldwide exhibitions, and her works are included in collections at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and Chicago's Art Institute, Art Museum of the Americas and National Museum of American Art, in Washington DC, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Musée d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris, Museo de Arte Moderno in Bogota, National Museum of Modern Art in Kyoto, Musée Bellerive in Zurich, and Museo del Instituto de Arte Contemporaneo, in Lima.

The gallery also specializes in Art Deco furniture and I have photographed a few of the pieces including a stunning sleigh bed.

Don't miss this show if you are in town.

Olga de Amaral
Till November 20
Galerie Jean-Jacques Dutko
4 rue de Bretonvilliers, Ile St. Louis, 4th arr.
Open Tuesday to Saturday, 2:30PM-7PM
Tel. 01 43 26 17 77
www.dutko.com 
  OLGA-3

OLGA-5 
OLGA-8
OLGA-4
OLGA-7
OLGA-9
OLGA-2
OLGA-10
OLGA-11
OLGA-12
OLGA-13
OLGA-14
OLGA-15
Eye Prefer Paris Photos for Sale
I am happy to announce the sale of prints of my Eye Prefer Paris Photos.  I am offering 17 of my most popular and iconic images for sale including my courtyards, doors, architectural details, statues, and monuments. They will make great holiday gifts for all your Francophile friends, relatives, and colleagues but don't forget to buy some for yourself.
Click here to see photos and for full details including sizes, prices, and shipping. Here is a sample of some of the photos.
Triple monuments- Place de la Concorde
Marais Sunset
Opera Lantern
 

COOKBOOK-LOGO-little New! Eye Prefer Paris Cooking Classes
I am happy to announce the launch of Eye Prefer Paris Cooking Classes. Come take an ethnic culinary journey with me and chef and caterer Charlotte Puckette, co-author of the bestseller The Ethnic Paris Cookbook (with Olivia Kiang-Snaije). First we will shop at a Paris green-market for the freshest ingredients and then return to Charlotteís professional kitchen near the Eiffel Tower to cook a three-course lunch. After, we will indulge in the delicious feast we prepared along with hand-selected wines.

Cost: 185 euros per person (about $240)
Time: 9:30AM- 2PM (approximately 4 1/2 hours)
Location: We will meet by a metro station close to the market
Class days: Tuesday,Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
Minimum of 2 students, maximum 6 students.

Click here to sign up for the next class or for more info.
Tourslogo4
I am pleased as punch to announce the launch of Eye Prefer Paris Tours, which are 3-hour walking tours I will personally be leading. The Eye Prefer Paris Tour includes many of the places I have written about such as small museums & galleries, restaurants, cafes & food markets, secret addresses, fashion & home boutiques, parks, and much more.
Tours cost 195 euros for up to 3 people, and 65 euros for each additional person. I look forward to meeting you on my tours and it will be my pleasure and delight to show you my insiders Paris.
Check it out at www.eyepreferparistours.com

No comments:

Post a Comment