Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Spaghetti

"K2T Wisata"
If you have read my site for long you know that I love quick and easy recipes. I love to cook and spend all day in the kitchen, but the reality is that my day to day recipes need to be quick and easy.
When Laura at Organizing Junkie had one pot spaghetti on her menu plan a few months ago, I was intrigued with the idea, but I knew it needed to be adapted to fit my family’s likes and tastes.
I took the basic idea, and changed quite a few things. The original recipe had you using tomato paste and water, this would work, but I thought I would get much better flavor from using a jar of spaghetti sauce. I don’t usually like jarred sauces, but in this case it works really well.
I also changed it and used fresh mushrooms instead of canned, you can leave the mushrooms out all together if you don’t like them.
I tweaked a few other things and with all those changes my version is really nothing like the recipe Laura linked to, but we really enjoyed it and it was so easy to make. This is a perfect meal for a busy night.
Thanks for the idea of One Pot Spaghetti Laura.

One Pot Spaghetti

  • 1 lb ground beef or sausage
  • 8 ounce fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 onion, finely diced
  • 1 clove garlic minced
  • 1 14 ounce can chicken broth ( or homemade)
  • 1 – 26 ounce (or so) jar of spaghetti sauce
  • ½ cup water
  • 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into pieces
  • ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
  1. In a large saucepan cook meat and onion until onion is tender and meat is browned.
  2. Drain any fat off and return to pan.
  3. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms are tender.
  4. Add broth, spaghetti sauce, and water and bring to a boil.
  5. Add noodles and reduce heat.
  6. Cover and cook 17-20 minutes or until noodles are tender. You will need to stir this occasionally and add more water if necessary.
  7. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
  8. Serve and enjoy!
This post linked to $5 Dinner Challenge.
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment