Saturday, November 13, 2010

Revelation 3:14-22

"K2T Wisata"
14. And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write
Laodicea was wealthy. It was wealthy in wool, medicine, and it was a place of luxury for the rich. There were hot springs there.
The Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this -
Christ brings Himself out as the opposite of the church. He is the one who affirms all things. He is the perfect example. He possibly calls himself this way so that the people of Laodicea can see the example or the model of what He wants them to be.
15. I know your deeds that you are neither cold nor hot; –
I know that you people are not genuine. There is no reference to their spiritual condition. He is saying I wish you were off the fence. I wish you would make a commitment.
I would that you were cold or hot
This shows that Christ is not referring to their spiritual condition. He would not want someone to be completely turned off to Him. He is saying that I wish you were genuine. Christ is saying that I want you all to not be phony, or hypocritical. He’s saying that He does not want them to be flabby and half-hearted.
16. So because you are lukewarm
- the way described above, hypocritical and half-hearted.
I will spit you out of My mouth
because these people thought they were self-sufficient, wanting nothing, not needing the things that Christ had to offer He says he will vomit them. He is not angry, just throroughly disgusted.
17. Because you say ‘I am rich, and have become wealthy and have need of nothing‘ –
This was their general attitude.
And you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked
this was how Christ saw them. He saw them just the opposite of what they thought they were. This most probably represents the spiritual condition of the church. That is primarily what Christ looks at. Possibly the reason that Christ had nothing good to say about this church was because of how much He hated the condition that they were in.
18. I advise that you buy from Me gold refined by fire, that you may become rich, and white garments, that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and eyesalve to anoint your eyes that you may see. –
Christ says that they should seek these things from Him and not from the world. He says I counsel you on this matter. I give you my advice. Maybe we should take it also.
Certainly. Notice how gently Christ treats them. Of course all of this is figurative, Christ does not have a market for them to come to. Seek first the Kingdom and all these things shall be added unto you. Christ wanted these people to realize that He was what they should be seeking.
19. Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; –
Christ reveals a way that He works. He lets those whom he loves prove their faith. He disciplines them, the faithful that they will be more able to do good works. But He does not allow us to be tried above what we can handle. When our faith is tried and we overcome we become strengthened. This is what Christ wants, strong Christians.
be zealous therefore
be earnest, try hard, give it all you got.
and repent. –
Christ gives them a chance to restore themselves to the relationship that He desires for them to have with Him.
20. Behold I stand at the door and knock; –
Christ is bidding to us to accept Him. He is doing all He can for us to want Him. He stands knocking.
if anyone hears My voice and opens
if anyone responds, if anyone desires to have a new relationship with Him. If anyone wants to change His ways. Or if anyone wants to make a renewal.
I will come in to him, and I will dine with him, and he with Me
Christ says I will have a relationship with him, the kind that I want anddesire. He has such a good relationship that they dine together. The relationship is that close. This is figurative. Christ is saying it will be a close relationship.
21. He who overcomes
OVERCOME!!!!!!!!! This is the message of these chapters.
I will grant to him to sit down with me on My throne
Imagine how exciting that is.
As I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne
Christ only makes promises He can come through on. He says He did it. We can do it. Follow Him!
22. He who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches
Listen up!
Christ in Glory + the Church in problems = OVERCOMERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment