Friday, November 12, 2010

The Fate Of Football’s Future

"K2T Wisata"
3701499Today is a very, very sad day. Not 24 hours ago we had such promise on the footballing horizon in the form of Wang Dalei, a man who loved microblogging and we loved his candor.
Since his soul pouring outrage he has been suspended indefinitely, been forced to issue an apology which sounds closer to castration and the entire blogging site has been shut down by Chinese authorities.
Don’t they know they’re biting the hand that feeds?

And all this when his “tirade” wasn’t even that bad.
“I’m sorry for my ‘microblog things’. I want to say sorry for all the fans and reporters in China,” he said.
“My childish and irresponsible words harmed the image of my team, the delegation and China’s sports.”
“And I also pleaded to all the fans, especially the fans hurt by my words, to forgive me this time. Please understand me. We were not easy (in the tournament),” he added.
And so continues the further sterilization of football interviews. The powers that be won’t be happy until everyone’s reading from preselected, preapproved answer cards which have shown not to upset women ages 18-45, men ages 32-59 and pygmy aeronautic engineers with cleft palettes.
The whole sport’s going downhill.

No comments:

Post a Comment